I made these Stained Glass Biscuits for a pot luck dinner we hosted last night.
They’re a little bit gimmicky but very fun to make. The recipe below is from OHbaby.
Lollies smashed up
See through biscuits!
1. To smash lollies put them inside a plastic bag and hit them with a rolling pin. Otherwise you will be finding lollies bits all over your kitchen for weeks to come.
2. The larger holes seemed to work better.
3. Fill the holes completely with the lollies.
- 125g Butter
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Golden Syrup
- 1 Egg
- 2 1/2 Cups Plain Flour
- 1 Tablespoon ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Mixed Spice
- 1 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 bags of Coloured Boiled Lollies
Beat butter, Brown Sugar and Golden Syrup until light and creamy. Add egg, beat well.
Stir flour, spices and bicarbonate of soda into creamed mixture, mix until just combined.
Turn onto floured surface, knead 1 minute, adding a little extra flour if dough is sticky. Wrap dough in plastic wrap
and refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
Preheat oven to moderate 180C.
Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 4mm thick. Cut into large shapes as desired. Cut out a smaller shape in
centre of each. Place on baking tray lined with paper.
Finely chop or crush coloured boiled lollies. Spoon chopped lollies in heaped mounds into cut-out centre of dough
Bake 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool before moving.
Recipe sent in by Gemma Cartwright of Taranaki