Tabouli, taboule, tabbouleh, tabouleh
This is a straight cut’n’paste of the delicious tabouli recipe from here (well, with half as much pepper). I make it quite a lot and got tired of searching for it each time.
- 2 cups bulgur or cracked wheat
- 2 cups very hot water
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, (8) sliced
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup fresh chopped mint, to taste
- 2 cups fresh chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Soak the cracked wheat in the hot water until the water is absorbed, about 30 minutes. When it’s ready, drain any excess water, if necessary, and squeeze dry.
- Meantime, prepare the vegetables for the salad and mix the dressing ingredients together. Set aside.
- Stir the prepared bulghur, other salad ingredients, and dressing together in a medium bowl.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature. Makes about 8 cups, 12 to 16 servings.