This recipe is a minor variation on this one.
It is surprisingly delicious.
Ingredients (makes 10-12 large muffins)
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup of brown sugar
- a pinch of baking soda
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 2 Tbsp of orange zest
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips (compound works fine)
Muffin tin and, ideally, paper muffin cases.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- In a bowl put the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, orange zest and chocolate chips. Mix it all until well combined.
- In another recipient put the orange juice together with the olive oil.
- Prepare the muffin tins/cases.
- Mix the oil and juice with the dry ingredients only as much as necessary to mix and pour/spoon into the cases.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until colored.