I made cupcakes. They didn’t turn out as well as they should have because I forgot to put the little paper containers inside a proper muffin tin so they kind of went a bit long and flat.
I’ve made marvelous cupcakes with this recipe before though so I thought I’d share it anyway.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 150grams unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
3. In a separate, larger bowl, cream the butter. Gradually add the sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
5. In a small bowl, combine the milk and vanilla.
6. To the butter mixture, add about one quarter of the flour mixture and mix well. Add about one quarter of the milk mixture and mix well. Continue alternating the flour mixture and milk mixture, beating after each addition until smooth.
7. Pour the batter into the cupcake tins. (and put these inside a supporting muffin tin!!) Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cake springs back when touched.
8. Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes, then turn the cupcakes out of the tins and onto a rack to finish cooling completely.
Makes approximately 14-18 cupcakes.