Take a watermelon. Remove pips. Put in blender with a tray of ice. Blend.
One watermelon normally makes two blenders full.
Hint: How to get pips out of watermelons
Use two bowls and a sieve. Scoop out the watermelon flesh into one of the bowls, then use your hands to grab out bits of flesh. The pips will come off easily. Use the sieve to collect the watermelon water at the bottom of the bowl while avoiding the pips.
Spinach, orange and apple shake
1 cup of fresh spinach leaves
1 apple, peeled
1 cup chilled water
4 cubes of ice
Peel and chop the apple and orange. Put all ingredients in the blender and blend! So fresh and energizing. Spinach love!
This is a sweet green drink with a slightly tart/bitter undertone. Very nice. Beware of the green moustache!
This Orange Mousse recipe is one of my favourites. Thomas however took this dessert one step further by serving the mousse in brandy snap baskets and topping them with cream and grapes. I am a fan, Mmmmmmm, yes I am.
- 125g Sweet Dark Chocolate
- 4 Eggs – Separated
- Finely grated Zest of 1 orange (optional)
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water (Don’t get any water in the chocolate!). Leave to cool a little.
- Beat the egg yolks into the chocolate one at a time. Fold in the orange zest.
- Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks, fold them into the chocolate.
- Put the chocolate mix into little pots/bowls, place in fridge and let them set, should take an hour or two.
Nice serving size for two people.*
Best of all it’s very easy to make.
*Maybe I was feeling a bit greedy/hungry the first time I made this. As Thomas suggests in his comment it works for 4 or 5 in the brandy baskets.