We eat a lot of home-made sushi and it’s time to document the process.
- Carrot, cucumber, tofu (optional avocado)
- Avocado and tofu (optional dried fried shallots)
- Double avocado
- Tofu and rocket (optional mayo)
- 2 cups basmati brown rice
- 3.25 cups of water
- 90ml rice wine vinegar
- 45g caster sugar
- 15g salt
- Put the rice and water in the rice cooker and start.
- While it’s cooking, prepare the seasoning by stirring the vinegar, sugar, and salt together. Microwave for 40 seconds then stir and/or sit until dissolved.
- Stir seasoning into still hot cooked rice and then put into fridge.
- 300g block firm tofu
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt & pepper
- Cut tofu into 10 or 12 batons
- Dip in cornflour and dust off excess
- Fry until all four sides are done
- Put on paper towel to drain
- Season with salt & pepper
- Nori sheets
- Sushi rice
- A really good avocado
- Carrot peeled and cut into batons
- Cucumber cut into batons
- Mayonnaise of choice
- Dried fried shallots
- Roll sushi using the normal method.