This is a great recipe that I have shamelessly stolen from The Vegan Apprentice. The only reason I’m putting it up here is that I’m worried that their website will vanish one day and take the recipe with it.
Sometimes I just make the ginger kisses, but I also use both the biscuits and the filling in my Ginger Kiss Trifle.
- 185gm margarine
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 60ml water
- 40ml oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp ground ginger (no, seriously, it’s about right)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Beat the margarine until soft. Add the next 5 ingredients and beat on high speed until fluffy.
- Sift together the 4 dry ingredients.
- The gradually add the dry ingredients to the marg mix and beat on low speed. I sifted the dry ingredients again as I added them.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 20 minutes or else it’s too hard to work with.
- Shape into half walnut sized balls and place onto baking tray. If you want to press down with a fork you may need to dip the fork in flour to stop it from sticking.
- Bake for ~ 8 minutes. Do not over cook.
- When cool sandwich together with mock vanilla cream filling.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
Vanilla Cream Filling
- 65gm margarine
- 1.5 cups icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp soy milk
- Beat the margarine on high speed until soft.
- Add the soy milk and vanilla essence and beat until fluffy.
- Add the icing sugar and whip the hell out of it.